Each year I look forward to Christmas. One of the reasons is because I love holiday music!!
In my library of holiday tunes I have: (Starting from the TOP)
- The Carpenters, A Christmas Portrait. (Karen Carpenter had an amazing voice.) Listen to Silent Night from the Carpenters . I heard this album when I was twelve then bought it when I was 21 and had my first Christmas Tree... it's the first CD to get played every year at the holidays and it's the last one to get put away.
3. George Winston-December
4. Amy Grant-Home for Christmas
5. Kenny G (Both the Faith and Miracles Holiday Albums)
6. Best Christmas Sing-A-Long (great for ages 2-10)
7. Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker (My kids think of snoopy when they hear this and I picture Linus on the piano)
The holiday CD I will cherish most is a compilation of several of the most unusually classic holiday songs I have ever heard, which I have no names or artists for. It was made for me while dining in a New England restaurant which is no longer open...It happened one night while with my then-husband. The owner came around to see how eveyones dinner was and I'd mentioned how I absolutely loved the quite-classic holiday music which he was playing...
By the end of dinner he'd burned me a copy.
I am very grateful.
I bet he has no idea that music is still played in our home at Christmas, nearly ten years later.
I have been trying to find one new holiday CD to get this year and there are so many I like, that I just cannot seem to decide.
Here are some I am contemplating:
Trans-Siberian Orchestra- (I have seen them perform and they are amazing!)
What do you suggest?
Share your favorites.